- Fresh fruit - although apples were listed as of the most disappointing treats since it was given to Snow White, it can still be a treat. And what about caramel honey apples, bananas and tangerines?
Image by PetitPlat by sk_ via Flickr
- Raisins, other dried fruit, nuts or treats like raisinets: dietary fiber and other essential vitamins and minerals. This is another disappointing treat according to Ed Levin though
- Lollipops: It takes a while to eat them and they have less calories, some varieties are also free of artificial glavors and colors and can be safe for kids with food allergies. Ed Levin does not consider them to be a treat though, especially dum dum varieties - not even if "they were breaded and deep-fried and served at a fair".
- Popcorn balls - especially the spooky type, or Sugarless gum.
- Pretzels or crackers
- Non-food options: Every kid loves little gifts. School supplies, inexpensive toys, mechanical pencils, colored pencils, balloons, crayons, small craft kits, party favor style toys, and even a toothbrush.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Healthy and Tasty Halloween
Here are some of the healthiest Halloween treats. Which one is your favorite? Vote for the best and worst treats below.